September Is Here! My Fall Fashion Must-Haves

It’s still technically summer, but with schools starting up again I can’t help but be excited for fall fashion! Since it gets pretty cold in New York I’ll be switching over to my cool weather clothes pretty soon, and I’m pumped. Here’s my list of my must-haves, with a few wish-list items that I will hopefully have before it gets too chilly! 

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

1. Flannels

The fact that I can dress “cute” and still feel like a snuggly lumberjack in a blanket makes me extremely happy (and I can’t be the only one). Plus, I can own them in like 10 different colors and patterns and feel like I’m mixing it up even when I’m totally not. I’ve even been known to wear flannels and leggings to the bar – to the dismay of all my friends. I just really like to be warm okay? 

2. Knit Scarf

Knit scarves are my favorite, but to be honest, I only have 2. That’s because I knit one myself and it came out fantastic, but it took me about two months to knit and I hated doing it, so now I refuse to knit another one but also refuse to pay for something that I could make for nearly free. See my problem? Either way, knit scarves are fantastic, and I prefer infinity scarves. I think this fall I might try arm knitting and see if that has a good outcome and saves some time. 

3. Sweater Combat Boots

My Christmas present from Teddy last year was sweater boots like these and I am totally wishing I’d had them last fall. They’re nice because they have way more traction than my riding boots, but they’re still gorgeous. They took a little while to break in, but were so worth it. I ended up wearing them almost every day.


4. Puffy Vests

Okay two years ago I thought that all puffer vests make people look like Marty McFly. This past fall changed my mind though, and I ended up getting this Land’s End vest for only $5 at a local thrift store. I can’t imagine why someone would give away such a fantastic find, but I’m grateful they did. I also lucked out when my sorority ordered embroidered navy blue vests as our fall sisterhood gift, so now I have two!

5. Riding Boots

The riding boots above are the ones I got for Christmas last year and I am absolutely in love with them. They’re super comfy and I absolutely adore the quilting on the back. I’m probably the pickiest person in the world when it comes to riding boots but I just adore Steve Madden so I knew he wouldn’t let me down. 

6. Chunky Sweaters

I love sweaters more than almost anything in the world. Seriously. When I get emotionally attached to a sweater I wear it more than is probably socially acceptable. It’s like wearing a blanket all day. Who doesn’t want to wear a blanket all day?? I don’t own this sweater yet, but I think I might need to add it to my collection. 


My Fall Wishlist:

Faux Fur Vest – I’m so into vests right now and even though I hate real fur, I feel like every person rocking a fur vest just looks badass. So I might pick up a faux fur vest and see how it goes.
Flannel Scarves – I feel like these are popping up all of a sudden and they look soo cozy. Definitely have to add to my list of clothes that feel like blankets #ihaveaproblem

Unknown

My name is Liz and I'm a 22 year old with a B.S. in Wildlife Conservation. I love beer and fashion and exploring the outdoors, and am currently figuring out how to do all of the above on a post-grad budget.

3 comments:

  1. I want all of these fall items, especially 2 & 3! Love Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fall wish list, might have to do some early fall shopping.

    Just taken part in the Tag you're it! blogger interview series on my blog and tagged you. Would love it if you could take part. http://collectivestrand.com/2015/09/08/tag-youre-it-blogger-interview-series/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flannels are my go to fall and winter shirts! Love! I've also been looking for a cute puffy vest, I'm on the hunt!! Great list =)

    ReplyDelete