My Favorite Summer Trend: The Half-Bun






There are plenty of summer trends this year that I am into, but there's definitely only one that I can call my favorite: the half bun!

As a small child, I rocked the half ponytail all the time. It was cute and simple, and allowed lots of room for my butterfly clips. Now, the half bun allows me to keep my hair out of my face while still showing off the length of my hair that I have worked so hard for. It also is one of the first styles in which I can wear my hair naturally (without curling or straightening it) which is super important to me lately since I'm trying to restore some health to my hair after many years of damage. However, if I want to dress it up a little I still can by straightening my hair and making the look super sleek!

I could honestly talk about this hairstyle forever but instead I'll just post some pictures and let you soak in its awesomeness. I dare you all to wear your hair in a half bun tomorrow and enjoy how glorious you feel.





Unknown

My name is Liz and I'm a 22 year old with a B.S. in Wildlife Conservation. I love beer and fashion and exploring the outdoors, and am currently figuring out how to do all of the above on a post-grad budget.

8 comments:

  1. Liz if I could pull this off I would. I pretty much live in a sloppy bun. It's not low and it's not high. If it was a person it'd be a lazy teenager saying "I don't want Toooooo!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is exactly why I love this!! It also helps that I work in a lab instead of a formal office so basically no one cares what my hair looks like haha

      Delete
  2. I love your reference to butterfly clips- ahh, those were the days : ) You should post a pic of you rocking the hairstyle! I feel like I can't pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I have one on my instagram - I'll move it over into this post now!

      Delete
  3. I wish my head shape allowed me to pull off this bun without looking like Miley Cyrus at the VMA's lol I have the blonde hair to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so great! I have yet to try the half-bun, but I love seeing it on other people. I would probably try this on a day that my hair just won't cooperate.

    ReplyDelete